Advise Fraser Island Removals of any change to contact details.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOU ARE MOVING
- Phone 07 4125 8351 and book Fraser Island Removals for your move or complete our inventory online
- Make a list of the items you want the removalist to move and any items you'll be moving yourself.
- If you are doing the packing yourself, start packing non-essential items, listing the items packed on the outside of the carton.
- Arrange disconnection and reconnection of Electricity, Gas , Telephone, Internet and pay-TV services. Arrange redirection of mail with Australia Post.
- Update your insurance policies.
- Start planning meals around the contents of your freezer and pantry to empty them out before the move.
ONE WEEK BEFORE YOU ARE MOVING
- Cancel local services such as newspapers, mowing service and other home delivery services.
- Keep packing - make sure all cartons are correctly labelled with contents and rooms.
- Return any library books and DVDs and pick up any dry cleaning.
- Pack up your computer in the original carton, keeping all cords and accessories together.
DAY BEFORE THE MOVE
- Fraser Island Removals will contact you to confirm your move
- Defrost your fridge & freezer.
ON THE DAY OF THE MOVE
- Have final payment ready for your removalist.
- Issue Fraser Island Removals a list of items we are to move.
- Pack some essentials for the first few hours in your new home such as tea, coffee, kettle, mugs, teaspoons, water bottle, snacks, milk, first aid kit, toilet paper, a torch, light bulbs, paper towels and cleaning materials.
- Strip the beds and keep the linen in a separate carton that travels with you for use them on the first night in your new home.
- Disconnect remaining appliances – mark the cords to each appliance & keep together in one carton.
- Make sure the house you are moving from is clean.
- Do one final check of your house as the removalists are loading your items.
- Stay home until the last item is packed and make an inspection of your house to make all items are loaded.
- Close and lock all the doors and windows.
- Make sure you have the keys to your new home with you.
- Carry valuables & personal items so they don't get lost.
- Keep important documents such as passports and drivers' licences in a safe place and keep all moving related documents together, it's a good idea to photocopy them all in case the originals are misplaced.